Monday, June 8, 2015

Elements (Final Project)


“Elements” has been a long time coming. Collaborating with Htee has been something that we have always wanted to do. One of my favorite things about this project is that it shows just how different my style is compared to Htee’s. I am a person who mainly focuses on video making while Htee specializes in photography. Stylistically we also differ because I love ambiguity, abstraction, darkness and strong contrast while Htee loves just about the opposite.

Throughout the project I learned many things that I did not know before. I learned the importance of make up, both physically applied or virtually applied, the versatility of fabric, the contours of the face and new methods of photo editing. As the photographer of all the photos I was able to put my directing knowledge to use on Htee as my model as well as my methods of photo editing and video editing.

Even though we come from such different backgrounds and have such different tastes we were able to work together to create something that we both love and both feel is a reflection of us. When I look at Htee’s photographs I see my work and myself in them just as much as I do when I look at my own. Deciding to create our individual edits came as a result of noticing how different our aesthetics were and how those differences were more of a reason to work together and learn from one another.

Below you will see both of our individual edits and a silent video that brings the photographs to life with movement.  This project is our own interpretation of some of natures elements.

Element 1 - Steven Alexander
Element 2 - Steven Alexander
Element 3 - Steven Alexander
Element 4 - Steven Alexander
Element 1 - Htee Tmoo

Element 2 - Htee Tmoo

Element 3 - Htee Tmoo

Element 4 - Htee Tmoo


1 comment:

  1. I love your work! You're just amazing, man. I don't have a word for it. yeh.

    ReplyDelete