Wednesday, March 19, 2014

WAR V. YOUTH

WAR V. YOUTH - Video Still Frames
WAR V. YOUTH is a video project that revolves around McLuhan’s notion of the global village. When I was younger I had heard the saying that it takes a village to raise a child, and in the context in which McLuhan presents it, the world has become itself a global technological village. Due to modernization, we have reached new levels of communication that had only ever been part of science fiction. My take on the global village theory will be represented in this video where I explore the effects of news media on our modern day youth. I believe that the phenomenon that we are observing among our deteriorating youth is linked directly to what they are being shown by the media. We are slowly removing the youth and innocence from the child. The modern child has a vast understanding of things that one could argue is well beyond their years. My video tells the story of the removal of youth from a child and the ultimate empty vessels that we as a society are producing. 




1 comment:

  1. Your video, "War V Youth" was really fascinating and well done. I found it interesting to read your blogpost and the intent you had in creating this video. Although technology has been available for most of my adolescent and adult life, today's youth are being born into world where technology exists nearly everywhere around them. Little kids are playing with their parents iPads and iPhones. In a way, I do think think technology sometimes hinders imagination and forces children to mature faster. Your video captured this essence of how we are almost trapped in our technology and can't escape.

    ReplyDelete