Wednesday, April 1, 2015

The Everyday Mundane (Work in progress)

For Project #1, I am planning on exploring the everyday ritual of falling asleep. The action itself is not special or specific to one person; it is a universal thing we all do. However, how we experience sleep or the process of falling asleep can vary greatly. I believe that it is in this variety that I will be able to find beauty or find ways to abstract the action to create a visually intense video piece. I will like to explore the emotional arcs that I have personally experienced throughout my life with the action of falling asleep. From experiencing fear as a child afraid of the dark to the constant murmurs in your mind as you wind down from a busy day, this piece will explore the complexity of sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment